This one is for the FOODIES out there OMG! I tried these…fabulous! Though I did bake mine and I did not do the rosemary! Unbelievably good. Inside tip: must cut thin…use mandaline. Better for you than potato chips! Yum!
- 2 large beets, thinly sliced with a mandolin or using the slicing mechanism in a food processor
- Nakano natural rice vinegar
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- extra virgin olive oil for pan frying
- sea salt
For the dip
- ¼ cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoons roasted garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped rosemary
- Place sliced beets in a large pot.
- Add rice vinegar until just covering the beets. Bring to a boil, turn off heat and let sit for 15 minutes then drain.
- Add enough olive oil to the bottom of a large pot or sided skillet, add 1 sprig of the rosemary and heat over medium. (*see notes for other cooking options)
- Once oil is hot, add the beets in a single layer. Pan-fry the beets for about 1-2 minutes on each side until they start to crisp up.
- Transfer to a paper towel lined plate to drain and repeat with remaining beets, adding oil as necessary to the pot/skillet.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and the remaining rosemary sprig and serve warm.
For the dip
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and stir together